According to the National Retail Federation, most money spent on Mother's Day is in Jewelries, closely followed by outing, and personal services (spa, massage, facial).
In our spa, there are 3 top holidays during which our general sales will skyrocket:
3-Christmas and New Year
During those 3 holidays, we sell more services, sell more gift certificates, and more products!
My goal is to share with you what we do inside our business, and hopefully this can give you some ideas and inspiration for your own business.
Our plan for Mother's Day celebration:
- Adorn the space with carnations and offer mini carnation bouquets to our clients.
- We offer a complimentary add-on with every spa treatment booking, a glass of bubbly, and a complimentary cookie box by a French bakery shop (we made a barter deal!).
- 20% off retail products on that day.
These are the steps we take to make the most out of Mother's Day:
- May 1: Campaign launch by sending out a newsletter to our customer database, announcing our Mother's Day special.
- May 3: I changed our Facebook* cover to Mother's Day theme and made a Facebook post about our promotion. Placed a poster on our front desk so our customers can see it, and our receptionist can encourage bookings.
- May 5: I will publish a blog post on our website with the Mother's Day promotion and mention that we have gift certificates available. We have about 80-90 unique visitors per day on our website, and the number will increase as we get closer to Mother's Day!
- May 9 and 12: Post a reminder on Facebook and Instagram with quotes and inviting photos. Promote gift certificates.
- May 13: Wish a Happy Mother's Day to our followers on our social media and share photos of the venue set up (flowers, sparkling wine, cookie box etc.).
*Facebook: Facebook and Instagram is banned in China where our spa is located, however, the majority of our gift certificates sold online are from overseas clients, and they do check our Facebook page.
Remember that it's never too late to promote, the important point is to show that you are making efforts to cater to your customers' needs!
Perhaps designing marketing material is not your thing, and I understand totally!
Save the pain of doing all the prep' work and just download your campaign marketing material by visiting the Template Shop!